.These days, you find many parents opting for a baby or a new born photo shoot. Being a parent is a wonderful feeling and every parent wishes to capture the most beautiful moments of their child. In fact, i would recommend a baby shoot before your child turns 1, to every parent.
Not only do you get some precious moments captured with your bundle of joy, it is also more personal and private unlike a lavish 1st birthday party of the baby with hundred others posing for a picture with your child. But if a big celebration is something you want, make sure that you add a separate private baby shoot to your list of things to do. I can assure you that it is something you will never regret. Till date, i have clients telling me how doing a baby shoot was their best decision ever.
So, here are some tips and suggestions for parents who want to opt for a baby shoot:
1. Choose the right photographer: Needless to say, the photographer you choose should be right for you. Check out his/her previous work to understand if it suits your preference. Also make sure that the photographer is gentle with your baby. When i shoot, for instance, i ask the parents to handle the baby and i don’t insist on the baby posing for pictures. I rather ask parents to play with their baby and click as many candid shots i can during that time. This makes the parents more comfortable and less fidgety.
2. Make sure to discuss the shots before the shoot with your photographer: You should ask your photographer what they have in mind for the shoot. If you have some ideas in your mind, you can share those with your photographer too. Ask the photographer about props and the poses he has in mind etc. This will help parents be more prepared and less anxious.
3. Discuss your baby’s schedule with the photographer: Every baby has a routine and insist on maintaining the routine as far as possible. Your photographer can adjust his shots and work around the baby’s routine. If the photographer insists otherwise, DO NOT HIRE HIM/HER. Simple. Like i tell all my clients, “The baby is the king”. You dont want your baby to be cranky during the entire shoot. So, follow the baby’s schedule and share it with the photographer so that they can plan accordingly.
4. Decide when you want to shoot: Many parents get confused as to when they should get a baby shoot done. I would say, if your baby is healthy and has the doctors permission, you can plan a shoot as early as 3 months. Else you can plan it at 6 months or when they are closer to a year. Once again, insist on your baby’s comfort during the shoot and feed your child regularly.
5. Props are important: Check with your photographer on the kind of props they intend to use. I always ask my clients to use their own household baby items as props. This way, they can ensure it is baby proofed and parents feel reassured about the safety aspect. If the photographer insists on getting his props, make sure it is safe for the baby before use.
6. Be flexible: Don’t be a helicopter parent and try to be a bit flexible. Photographers know how best to get a perfect shot. So let them do their jobs without interrupting too much. As long as your baby is safe and comfortable, stay in the background and let the professionals do their job.
Hope these points help you in preparing yourself for a photo shoot. In case of any queries, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9820773988. We are open for bookings for photo shoots. Please contact us at the above email id or ph no for more details.